Thursday 10 October 2013

The Queen, Birthdays, Princess Diana's Favourite Rabbit, WMHD

So that's another Birthday over...

And it was a good one. I spent the morning making the most of the cold bright weather by spending an hour or so having a really good sauna. 15 to 20 mins in the heat reading an old copy of the Sunday Times Magazine, (interesting article on being in the Territorial Army) then sitting out in the garden's cold, crisp air, repeat the whole process topped off with a session in the hot tub. Orange juice, blueberry pancakes and coffee for brunch and finally a kip. I like birthdays, in fact I've decided to have another one when we are in India. This will be my Official Birthday, I got the idea from the Royal Family apparently the Queen (God bless her and all who sail in her) has two birthdays so why can't I? We both pay our taxes after all.

Honestly, I'm not knocking it, I think its a damn good idea. Apparently her commitments means she can't do it all in one day, there's not enough time for seeing the kids, walking the Corgis (God bless 'em and all who pick up after them), cooking the birthday tea (cake included), card opening (major undertaking this one, she gets lots being head of the Commonwealth, it was worse when we still owned large chunks of the globe, its no wonder she was in favour of giving then back) and this is without the normal day to day stuff, sitting on the throne, defending the faith, general monarching etc. No time for a sauna, hot tub or kip in that sort of schedule. When would she ever get the chance to get blind drunk with her mates? I wholely approve, we all should have a second birthday, I'm just getting ahead of the curve on this one, mark my words it won't be long before Clinton's catch onto the idea and there will be "Happy Official Birthday" cards.

lets give it a go... here's one for the Queen

The sun is out, the sky is blue
there's just so much for you to do.

Vaccing the carpets, Cleaning the throne,
 when's a Queen gunna find time to get stoned

 But take a pill, no need to rush,
'cuz its your Official Birthday mush!!!
xxx

Kev





After all, she is a cockney, job done, i've emailed it Hallmatk and to Phil to see what he thinks, from memory his address is  big.phil@windsorwonderland.co.uk


Princess Diana's Favourite Rabbit


Thinking about the Royal Family I wondered if Princess Diana ever had a pet rabbit and if so what colour was it? I've been trying to get a story published in the Daily Express and attract more folk to the blog, I know Diana is always a crowd pleaser so I Googled "Princess Diana, rabbit, images" to see if there was anything of use for my story. The search took .02354 seconds and generated a remarkable 3.7 million hits some of which i will never forget. Obviously most weren't suitable for reproduction here, too large, out of focus, physically impossible etc.

It took me 0.0121 seconds to delete the search, browser history & page cache as I heard Sarah coming up the stairs.



Diana and her Rabbit - Roger

World Mental Health Day

On a slightly serious note, today, my birthday, is World Mental Health Day.
Please click this link and sign the pledge. If you or someone you know has had mental health problems, take the time to talk about it. I have, I had a chat with my Mom about my blog and how i'm fine now. Give it a go...

http://www.time-to-change.org.uk/blog/world-mental-health-day-2013
Time to Change

World Mental Health Day



Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment